Protect and Enhance Your Concrete Surfaces with Repore Concrete Sealer
Repore is a high-performance commercial concrete sealer designed to protect and enhance the appearance of various concrete surfaces. It is a water-based, acrylic emulsion that penetrates deep into the concrete, forming a durable, long-lasting seal that protects against water, chemicals, UV radiation, and other environmental factors.
Repore is suitable for use on both interior and exterior concrete surfaces and can be applied to commercial, industrial, and residential projects. In this how-to guide, we will walk you through the steps to properly apply Repore concrete sealer to your surfaces for optimal results.
Step 1: Surface Preparation
Before applying Repore, it is crucial to ensure the concrete surface is clean and free of any contaminants, such as oil, grease, dirt, or previous coatings. Follow these steps for proper surface preparation:
- Remove any loose debris or dirt from the surface using a broom or vacuum.
- Use a commercial-grade cleaner or degreaser to clean the surface.
- If needed, use a pressure washer or broom to remove stains or residue.
- Let the surface dry completely before applying Repore.
Note: Repair any cracks or holes in the concrete before applying a concrete sealer. You can use concrete patching compound to repair concrete.
Step 2: Mix Repore Concrete Sealer
Repore is a ready-to-use product that does not require any additional thinning or diluting. However, it is essential to mix the product thoroughly before application to ensure uniform consistency.
- Stir the sealer well using a paint stirrer or similar tool, ensuring there are no lumps or settled material at the bottom of the container.
- If you are using multiple containers of Repore, mix them together in a larger container to ensure color uniformity.
Step 3: Apply the Concrete Sealer
Repore concrete sealer can be applied using a brush, roller, or airless sprayer. Choose the application method that best suits your project and follow these steps:
- Apply a thin, even coat of Repore to the prepared surface. Ensure that the sealer is spread uniformly and covers the entire surface.
- If using a brush or roller, apply the sealer in a consistent direction to prevent streaking. If using an airless sprayer, maintain a consistent distance from the surface and overlap each pass slightly.
- Let the first coating dry for at least 2 hours, or if the sealer is no longer tacky to the touch.
Step 4: Apply Additional Coats (Optional)
If you wish to apply additional coats of Repore, depending on the concrete’s porosity and desired level of protection, follow these steps:
- Apply an additional coat of Repore using the steps from application of the first coat. This will ensure full coverage and uniformity.
- Let the second coat dry for at least 2 hours, or if it no longer feels tacky.
- If desired, apply additional coats, allowing each coat to dry for the recommended time before proceeding.
Step 5: Curing and Clean-Up
- After applying the final coat of Repore, allow the sealer to cure for at least 24 hours before allowing foot traffic or placing any objects on the surface. For optimal performance, wait at least 72 hours before exposing the surface to water or chemicals.
- Clean up any tools or equipment used during the application process with soap and water before the sealer dries.
- Dispose of any leftover sealer according to local regulations.
Repore concrete sealer is an excellent choice for protecting and enhancing the appearance of your concrete surfaces. By following this step-by-step guide, you can ensure the proper application of Repore for optimal results.
With its durable, long-lasting protection against water, chemicals, and environmental factors, Repore will help maintain the integrity and aesthetics of your commercial, industrial, or residential concrete projects for years to come. Contact us to learn more about Repore concrete sealer today to give your surfaces the protection and durability they deserve at (631) 298-6300.