Concrete Floor Coatings
How to Add Non-Slip Floor Coating to Floors Using Repox-C
Repox-C is a two-component, solvent-free epoxy coating from KwikBond that is suitable for use as a non-slip floor coating in industrial and commercial buildings. Here are the steps to apply Repox-C to concrete for a non-slip floor coating:
- Repox-C from KwikBond
- Stir stick
- Epoxy roller frame
- Epoxy roller cover
- Paintbrush or squeegee
- Clean, dry bucket or mixing tray
- Solvent-resistant gloves
- Protective eyewear
- Clean, dry floor surface
- Ensure that the floor surface is clean, dry, and free of any debris, oils, or other contaminants. Any dirt or debris on the surface can affect the adhesion of the Repox-C coating.
- Mix the two components of the Repox-C coating together in a clean, dry bucket or mixing tray according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Mix the components thoroughly using a stir stick until the mixture is homogenous.
- Once mixed, pour the Repox-C mixture onto the floor in a narrow strip along one edge of the area to be coated.
- Use a paintbrush or squeegee to spread the Repox-C mixture evenly across the surface of the floor. Work the mixture into the surface of the concrete, paying special attention to any cracks, crevices, or rough areas where slip resistance is important.
- Use an epoxy roller frame and roller cover to apply the Repox-C coating to the rest of the floor surface. Roll the mixture on in a thin, even layer, using a back-and-forth motion.
- Continue to roll the Repox-C mixture onto the floor until the entire surface is covered. Use a paintbrush or squeegee to smooth out any rough areas or bumps in the coating.
- Allow the Repox-C coating to cure according to the manufacturer’s instructions before using the floor. This usually takes between 24-48 hours.
It’s important to note that Repox-C should only be applied in well-ventilated areas and that protective gloves and eyewear should be worn during the application process. It’s also important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and to mix the two components of the coating thoroughly before application.