Benefits of Epoxy and Polyurethane Concrete Repair Products
A crack is a long narrow depression on any surface. These cracks are mostly seen on foundation walls, garage floors and even at times in the ground pool. The presence of a crack is the source of trouble since, if it’s not repaired on time, it will cause more damage, and also a lot of money and resources will be spent. The crack widens as time goes by and, if not taken into consideration, it may result in water seepage, and in a severe situation, the building may even collapse. There is an excellent way to repair any identified crack to avoid all these problems.
Causes of Cracks
The primary reasons for cracks include:
• Drying shrinkage – lack of moisture on the floor causes the foundation to shrink hence a crack begins to appear. Inadequate humidity may be as a result of vegetation presence or even damaged drains.
• Ground movement- in a situation where the clay shrinks, landslip, and vibrations occur this leads to a crack in the various building.
Remedy to Fix Concrete Cracks in Flooring
Concrete repair products have been manufactured to remedy the inconveniences caused by different types of cracks. The products include epoxy and polyurethane materials. Both polyurethane and epoxy have been modified to fix any break.
A low- pressure injection of an epoxy and polyurethane foam material is the best solution to poured foundation cracks. Other products have also been made to fix concrete floor cracks and repair slabs.
Benefits of Epoxy and Polyurethane Materials
Epoxy and polyurethane materials have various benefits to both the building owner and the contractor.
• They are affordable and long-lasting.
• They Involve few processes while applying since no need for excavation or tile drains.
• The method of application is straightforward since it can be completed by the contractor or even the homeowner.
Capital Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of commercial and industrial concrete repair products. For over 30 years, we have proudly serviced contractors, factories, warehouses and distribution centers for industrial, institutional and commercial customers. We carry a full range of concrete repair materials, including those specifically designed for low temperature areas such as freezers and coolers. Our floor repair products are rapid hardening, allowing you to reopen repaired areas with minimal downtime. All of our products are designed to be used by in-house maintenance personnel and come with an ironclad 100% guarantee of satisfaction.